Performance of EuraTherm® thermochromics
Euracli’s EuraTherm® thermochromics change colour
as a function of temperature, so the change is reversible.
The colour disappears upon heating, and reappears upon cooling.
The capsules containing the thermochromic mix takes the form of a
powder or an aqueous (water-based) suspension.
The range of colours can be extended as a function of customer request
by combining different-coloured thermochromics.
The threshold temperature (temperature at which the colour changes)
ranges between 8°C and 55°C.
The temperature range can be changed.
Many potential applications
- Inks, paints and polymers
- Applied to substrates like paper, fabric or plastics
- Typical applications
- Advertising and promotional materials on which a message appears when the temperature changes
- Magic toys and games
- Food-grade wrappings that indicate the temperature at which the food may be eaten
- T-shirts, etc. that react to temperature changes...
The strengths of EuraTherm® thermochromics
- Increases impact of communication
- Adds a playful dimension to communication
- Reinforces safety and quality through temperature control
- Helps to combat forgeries
- Use in interactive brochures and books
- Educational uses
- Adapting textile colours to the environment
- Adds “playful” value to textiles